Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to purchase my 1st snowmobile, I would appreciate some feed back on the one I am considering!! It's a 1999 ZL600 efi - it has 2,600 miles with a studded track and is in "mint" condition. The owner is asking $3500. Does that seem like a fair price?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think $2500-$3000 would be a fair price for that sled if it's in mint condition like you say it is.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here is some pricing information to help you.

www.nada.com

ARCTIC CAT 1999
Model: ZL600 EFI
Engine Maker: SUZUKI
Piston Displacement (CCs): 599
Length with skis (inches): 112
Dry Weight: 478
Low Retail: $2,565
Average Retail: $3,370
High Retail: $3,575

www.kbb.com

1999 Arctic Cat ZL 600 EFI
2-Cylinder
2-Stroke
599cc
Suggested Retail Value $3610
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2465

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 99 ZL blue viper 600 EFI, I have 3600 miles on it, The only problem I had was the upper bolt came off the gear in the chaincase, ruined the chain, upper gear and drive shaft, mechanic said it didn't have any locktite on the bolt from the factory, It had 3000 miles when that happened, It's a great sled, have someone tune up the clutches and pull the chaincase cover and make sure everything in there looks good, Have fun...

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Buddy has a 99 ZL 600 EFI limited. he bought it last year for $3600 with studs and a powdercoated pipe. and the machine only had 1300 miles... now it has 2000 and it is a great machine for trails i dont think you could ask for better.... except that guys price.... offer him under 3k cash and see what happens... he wont sell it for that high

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's a good sled as long as he (or she) did good preventive maintenance. I own a 99' ZL 600 carbed w/ 2600 miles on it also, check the shocks out, Mine has been a very good and reliable sled, My understanding is the ZL and the ZR have the exact same motors (hp) for that year, the only difference was the suspension ZL's have 10.5 in the front and 13.5 in the rear. NICE RIDE.. I hope they did not overkill on the studs, 96 for that sled is plenty, but I guess it's preference. $3,500 is a little much for that many miles on it-if he (or she) want to get rid of it that bad they will deal!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm wondering about the 99 ZL blue viper EFI?? Is that a Yamacat? :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by IndyOneSki@Nov 9 2002, 06:56 AM
I'm wondering about the 99 ZL blue viper EFI?? Is that a Yamacat? :D
:withstupid: Ya know I was thinking the same thing!!, I don't know much about yammer hammers (nor do i care to) but it just did not sound right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
that was the official color and name of the sled when I spring ordered it that year, I think it's funny now 3 years later that yammi is trying to steal the name, I wonder if Cat has some sort of lawsuit brewing...LOL. ( I still have the original brochure for you doubting thomases..) lOL

·
Registered
269 Posts
yes please post a picture of that AC Viper I would love to see it :sarcasm:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts