Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to wake my 2000 ZL 600 EFI up? Have a chance to pick up a D&D package which includes single pipe, clutch kit and chip. Anybody know if this is a good setup?

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
What exactly is your goal??? Top speed, low end ???

Depends on what you are looking for. The D&D setup's are good, but the clutching and gearing is what really makes a big difference on the 600's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for more pickup out of the hole. A couple miles per hour to top speed would be nice too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally, I have had good luck with just clutching. I currently have a 01 ZR 600 EFI that I have installed heelclickers in along with the billet aluminum primary cover. I have excellent low and midrange now, plus the clutch engagement is super smooth. You may actually lose a little top end, but a helix change will certainly help get it back. Plus its a lot cheaper than going with a chip/pipe combo.

I have 2 sleds setup this way with a stock 01 ZR 600 and an 02 ZL 600 to compare them too.

Just my opinion on what works for me. I can post my setup if you want.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have that combo and yes it is a little pricey, but its nice. ZREFI you mentioned that your setup is smooth. Mine hits hard when it kicks in. Is there anything I can do with that. I was told that I can change the spring cause D&D has a really stiff spring and the 600 does not put out enough torque to compinsate. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The reason that mine is smooth, is because I changed to the Heelclicker billet primary, which allows a, get this, TRA spring to be used. Also, by using the heelclickers, I am able to put weight on the "heel" of the clutch weight and lower the RPM that my clutch engages.

I would say that maybe you could try to add just some adjustable weights (heelclickers or heavy hitters) so that you could add some weight at engagement and hopefully offset the stiffness of the spring.

I'm really not the expert here, I just try to share what I have tried and what has worked for me.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
In both my ZR-600's (one carb, one efi) I used Goodwyns kit. Nice performance gain with a very smooth engagement. I've also used their kit in my 00 ZR-7 and my current 02 ZR-8. #1 stuff in my books. Rick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts