·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the rear shock and spring cranked pretty high
so it rides rough but still bottoms out on big jumps
not to mention the wussy running boards they had
wish they had the X models back then

whats the easiest (cheapest) way to get this setup to work better for bigger jumps
next stiffer springs?
c-46 shock-i saw it in the new catalog for SCII suspensions
how hard is it too find new 2002 600x

·
Registered
120 Posts
Trust me. Buy the C46, I have one on my sled. It came off a race 440x and it works incredible. While your at it buy the 440x front piggybacks, with this set up you will be able to hit the biggest jumps and love the landing.
If money is an issue. Take your front shocks and have them revalved to 440x spec and get the 440x springs as well. This will make your shocks act the same as the piggy's but there will be no piggy! No what I mean!
What ever you do, if you buy the C46, make sure it is vavled the same as the 440, if not, get it revalved. The so-called C46 that they put into 'X' packaged consumer sleds is almost no different than the regular shock. I have tried a friends and his bottoms out just as easy as my stock crapper did! When he tried mine he couldnt believe the diference.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is your sled an 00 with the scII or does it have the scIII
can you buy one from skidoo as a replacement for the 2000 440 mxzx?
would stiffer springs all around help also? or is it mostly the shocks
yes money is a concern, I don't want to put too much in my sled when I could trade it in on something else for now much more-low buck mods are the coolest

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes I have a 00 with the SC10II. And yes you can buy it from Ski-doo as a replacement. The part number is 503 1890 79. My rear springs are stock and they work pretty good. Hope this helps you.
Dont forget about your front shocks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts