Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out riding in Wyoming over Thanksgiving. I have a 2000 700 Rmk with the ACCS. The sled was setup to what the book said. It was a dog, no responce under 6000 rpm's. We moved the needles down, and no change. I want to remove the ACCS and just jet for the places I ride. Does anyone know how to set the carb up? My thought was to set it up like the 2000 700 sks carbs, I've been told not to do that, because they are low altitude sleds.
Does any one have any ideas, charts or anyplace to find the Info???

Thanks
Kiote

·
Registered
90 Posts
this is what i did with my 99rmk500, I put a shut off valve just before the accs. this will alow you to do what the accs is supose to do_Or just simply remove the dumb thing and put this valve in its place. start with opening the valve to wide open, this will put the carbs at full rich, then in small incraments close the new valve off untill the jetting is correct. I will say that it would be a good idea to get and install a set of peromiters so you can watch your temps as they rise. when you shut the valve this will lean your mixture. I have been doing this since i got so pissed of at the accs. YOU must be careful not to shut the valve to much cus you can lean it to much and burn down. if you decide to just eliminate the accs, you will have to jet your mains down at least 5 to 6 sizes and go up on your pilot (maybe?). this would be up to you to determin.If your sled gets a bad hesitation of the start, it would be a good idea to up your pilot jets.( the hesitation would be a result of lowering your main jets so far).I have been doing this with no troublse at all, just be carfule. ;)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts