Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what is a good type of clutch kit I should go with to rebuild. My 700 has 192 studs with V-force reeds and a boost bottle. Does anyone have recommendations as far as weight's helix and spring colors. I mainly do aggressive trail riding, my original engagement is 4200rpms.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Try a Goodwin performance clutch kit, or an EPI kit. EPI makes good Polaris kits. For your Polaris I would probably lean towards an EPI.

·
Registered
791 Posts
SLP clutch kit all the way I had a 98 xc 600 with a SLP clutch kit and it well out performed my expectations.

·
Registered
75 Posts
JUST WONDERING IF YOU NOTICE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH
THE BOTTLE AND REEDS?
WORTH THE MONEY OR A WASTE?
WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE BY ADDING THE BOTTLE
IF ANYTHING?

ANY INFO WOULD HELP!! :D THANX

·
Registered
791 Posts
With the boost bottle installed you just have to adjusted your air screw. Which will vary on what temp and alt. you ride your sled. I had my 600 set at 2 1/4 turns out at 1800feet and -25'C.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Are you rebuilding your primary or secondary clutch? If it's your secondary then spend the money on the Team performance secondary. Comes with everything you'll need to kick butt!!!! They run $350 I believe. Calll them direct for info. And your sled will be faster with studs in the one sixtys range. Had a bud with the same combo as you basically and he picked up a sled lenth at 660 from dropping down in studs.
Caleb

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was very pleased with the redline clutch kit. It came with heel-clickers and a helix. Plus a nice set of directions on tuning the heel-clickers

·
Registered
213 Posts
non valved 700---10-62,s,alm/gold pri,,,silver/blue sec,,,50-36 helix, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this set is the most common set up works great ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
valved 10-64,s pri around130 -300

·
Registered
64 Posts
On my '00 700, I run 60 gram weights, Polaris black primary (320), Hotseat white secondary, and 54/36 helix. This cluch setup seems to run the best for me. I have tried 62 gram weight, but wide open the revs drop off and the same with the speed. Lots of guys say they are running with heavier arms, but I find it runs worse. Anyone else have this problem? I also have V-Forse reeds in it and it realy woke it up in the bottom end and throttle response. I do think this would be a good investment.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I PUT A HOT SEAT CLUTCH KIT ON MY 2000 XC 700 DIDN'T NOTICE MUCH DIFFERENCE,COMPARED TO MY KIT I HAD IN MY 98.I THINK IT WORKED GREAT ON MY 2000 BUT AFTER THE NECK SNAPPING POWER ON MY 98 THE POWER ON THE 2000 CAME ON SMOOTHER MAKING THE CLUTCH KIT LESS NOTICEABLE

·
Registered
213 Posts
canman; what are running for jetting,the clutch set up i used, was with 190-185 1371g needles,,b.bottle,power pacs.tempa flow.11-12 mpg.that set-up pulls 8000 all day long.

·
Registered
64 Posts
XC SPECIAL: On the average I run 175-180 mains, 35 pilots, R1370G needles (just installed when I went out west at the end of last season), #6 slides from a 700 RMK and V-Force reeds. This carb setup makes it good and crisp with no "babble" or load-up like stock. Clutching is where it needs some work. With 60 grams, black/white primary (same as stock almond), 54/36 helix and silver/red secondary in the third hole is what I usually run. Most times it runs 8000 RPM, but on long hauls it will drop down to 78-7900 RPM, and it falls on it's nose (8000 RPM on radar on the lake runs a strong 108 MPH and at 7800, it falls to 102). When I tried my 62's, it pulled hard, and ran a constant 7800 which makes sence because of the heavier weight. But what I can't figure out is why others still run 8000? We have our own repair shop and the clutches are in perfect condition. Everything has been changed at least once. I was thinking that maybe it was starving for air so out went the airbox and in went UNI foams. Once again the revs still remain the same, but the throttle responce increased again. One thing that I just thought of is maybe with the black/white primary and 62 gram arms, it may be to heavy of a combination. Since the almond/gold is a lower rate, maybe it will allow the engine to rev higher with these arms (8000)? I have one, so I should try it. The other thing that I am going to do as soon as it snows is try the stock reeds once again to see if it makes any difference. If you have any more ideas, please let me know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts