Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this group would like any ideas on getting some more out of my mach z i doo mostly trail riding but do the occasional lake racing the sled is stock except for dynoport silencer and geared down to a 25 also would like to know best setup for my suspension to hook up better when racing.thanks

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
skidoo-mzchz, Go back thru the old threads or use the search, there is a lot of info on the MachZ.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
is it rer or standard? /.........first thing i have to say unless drag racing short runs shuch as 660 put your stock gears back in it.your studs well if u would take some off and run 144 you will not much difference on the bottom but huge on the top. 192 will kill your sled. and if u want cheap power check out royal distrubuting check out pg 227. if u could get a hold of secondary from a rer if u dont have 1 then try to .....big gains

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a standard thanks for the suggestions. How well do the boysen reeds work on a stock sled? They make enough of a difference to get them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear from fellow MachZ riders in Michigan. I have much experience with this sled, and all I can do is give you my experience with my 98 Mach and my 99.
After trying Dynoport pipes, Crankshop pipes, big bores, and everything else, here is what I would do if you want to stick with stock bore and stroke. If your gonna pipe it, Dynoport are the best fit, best looking pipes around, in my opinion, Crankshop will run a little better on the topend, but I have never been happy with the fit-n-finish. I understand that Jaws makes the fastest set around. Whether you want to pipe it or not, I would run the .059" base gasket and head mod, and a set of V-force II reeds. The crankshop can do both, and Delta II reeds are on sale for $185.00. I just bought a set for my 1025. Also after you get done with mods, call Greg Goodwin and have him set you up with a clutch kit.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Try this setup on you'r mach,crankshop pipes,Delta II's,head mod and base gasket this will give you about 12-15 more hp.Now for the most important part the clutch,i'm going to do you a very big favor here.Take out the stock 286 ramps and and put in a set of 280's,then go to 18grm.pins,now replace your stock spring for a pink/pink or a gold/gold spring.Now on to the secondary,go with a strait 50 helix and a blue goodwin spring set at 20lbs.This is a very agressive clutch set up and along with the 192 studs you have it will really pull hard,also you should go with your stock gearing.You can get all this stuff from the crankshop except for the goodwin spring.With this setup i would keep the 192 studs,you are going to need it for traction.Well good luck and if you try this setup let me know how it workes for you.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
arent they running 295 ramps?..... i have that same set up but i always pull it back out . it goes real good for about 200-400 feet but then im not so shure ..... i usualy end back up at stock setting but then again mine is an rer. i will be trying the 286 ramps as they are close to my stock and a red spring with adjustable pins. as for the cam im still undeciced . i might just end up with stock ramps a red spring and heavier pin weight. it seems that this is what we are trying to achieve is heavier pin weight. with stiffer springs so i will be working on something along this line ....just a thought

·
Registered
677 Posts
MACHZ69 I have been useing this setup with excellent results it really pulls hard with the gold gold spring,i garantee it will run with anything you come across and more than likly beat them.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
280 ramps are only good for 5-600' drags after that she falls on her face. Stick with the stock 295 or go with a 286, which ever you have around. 17-18 gram pins are about the norm. Stock spring is also a good choice.
Stick with your stock beige spring, Goodwin blue and Cudney red slip real bad and blow belts. Not sure on a helix, the steeper the angle the faster it will climb to high gear, just dont let it climb too fast or it will fall on its face.
Gear down a couple if your a big guy. 22-26# breakaway works good too. Just remember, clutching is endless!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts