Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The indy is bored 30 over and is complete rebuilt to like new condition. No studs in either sled. I have a feeling they are pretty even, but would like to see my MXZ win this battle? Should I even try to line up or risk embarassment? I have ridden his Indy and it's quick. Have yet to ride my MXZ, just bought it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I had a 00 MXZ 500 and it rocked. The speedo hit 97 w/ 250 lb. rider.
 I dont think it would be much of a race on top end,MXZ all the way. The Pol. should hang around til about 60 then its all MXZ.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It won't even be a race. Buy your buddy an eyebolt to screw into his cylinder head. He can then tie a rope to it and use it for a boat anchor.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the sounds of that...and me being only 160lbs. I may get this sled up over 100mph. That's flying on it. My brother in law has a '97 Ultra SP SE, I would guess that I have no chance against that though. Probably get him on low end, but that sled is quick. Here's a pic of my sled in case you would like to see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
you have no worries about that 91 indy, it was wore out 5 years ago rebuilt or not, but i think you will have your hands full with the ultra.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a feeling mine would go, but haven't ridden it yet and he has done a lot of work to his 500 and it flies. It will lift the ski's off the ground and keep them off for a good 20 feet or more. It's a screamin sled for a '91

·
Registered
19 Posts
you mean like a 91 zr1 vs todays vette?, you're right no comparison. a reed engine can make a lot more hp's, if the indy 500 was bored and ported for racing it might be a race, otherwise if he wins, put the other sparkplug cap back on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You'll have no probleme,I had a 97 formula 500 dlx stock raced against his 91 INDY 500 bored,heads plained and clutch (his skis too poped in the air)and it was no contest I easily kicked his ### and my 97 didn't even have R.A.V.E.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I bought a 99 mxz 500 for my daughter and she blows the hood off my buddies kid on his 92 indy500.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want snow bad, from reading these comments I need to ride this sled. Since you liked the pic I'll add another of the engine bay.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts