Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I HAVE A 2000 700 XCSP AND I RIDE IN THE ROCKIES. I RARELY SEE A SLED WITH A TRACK LENGTH LESS THAN 136". I CAN STILL GO MOST PLACES THEY GO IF I STAY IN THERE WAKE. WHAT CAN I DO TO THE SHORT TRACK TO KEEP UP WITH THE LONG TRACKERS?

·
Registered
213 Posts
well if it were me ,,Making say a extra 20-25 hp is going to cost more then putting a 136 track with extension kit, if your in the deep longtracking is the way to go IMO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Longtrack it! I've got the same sled with a '136 and this thing is crazy in the mountians. With the longer track, gear it down low and install smaller drivers (to get the ratio down even more) because you don't need speed... you need to put all your power to the track. If you start doing engine mod work like pipes and stay with the short track, all you'll do is spend your time digging yourself out of the craters you made rather than enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Just a thought. How about a used edge suspension and a Polaris long track kit for an 01 or 02 XC? That might wake it up a little without spending much more than you would for a bunch of engine mods....

AL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts