Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a 2000 sxr 600 that looks excellent and sounds great and price is just outside of buget but really thinking about getting it...one thing is it has a set of after market pipes on it...was not rejetted and pipes installed last season according to owner. does this tripple react well to pipes? i know that on the polaris xlt they will eat cranks. also how hard it this on the motor without being rejetted?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
well to start if its a 2000 srx 600 someone has put the 600 topend on it and if its really a 600 the only years they where build in was 1998-1999 yamaha stopped making them because the 600 was faster then the 700 i have a 1999 600 with the 700 topend on it and i love it there isnt much that can keep up with me on nice groomed trails or lakes if you can pick it up for under 3000 cnd then doo it and if you dont like the sort travel rear skid get a skid and front shocks out of a SXR and you will have a frikin nice sled and if you would like to keep the oliins in the front there is a extenion the oliins sells for people that like the longer travel but wont to keep the best shocks ever in the front

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to start if its a 2000 srx 600 someone has put the 600 topend on it and if its really a 600 the only years they where build in was 1998-1999 yamaha stopped making them because the 600 was faster then the 700 i have a 1999 600 with the 700 topend on it and i love it there isnt much that can keep up with me on nice groomed trails or lakes if you can pick it up for under 3000 cnd then doo it and if you dont like the sort travel rear skid get a skid and front shocks out of a SXR and you will have a frikin nice sled and if you would like to keep the oliins in the front there is a extenion the oliins sells for people that like the longer travel but wont to keep the best shocks ever in the front[/b]

it is a SXR 600 not a SRX if that makes a differenc...threw him a offer but he is holdong sted fast at his price...

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
SRX and SXr are NOT the same sled and have totally diferent engines

one is a simple case reed triple single pipe(98hp)

the SRX is a power valved,case reed triple pipe(124hp)

·
Registered
19 Posts
what about the 99 vmax 600sx bender triple pipes, bender racing clutch and reeds??? how would u compair this to the sxr and srx???
what kind of hp would my sled have???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts