Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 2000 triple touring and the throttle seemed stuck. So I did some investigating and found the carbs in terrible shape. The valve pistons were siezed on two out of the three carbs. So I removed the carbs and soaked them in PB breakloose hoping that this would help free them up. After a long soak I began to try and move the valve pistons. I tried to pry them loose and Well lets just say that they were really stuck. One of the carbs didn't make it,I broke the aluminum port and the other I managed to free up but ended up breaking a small copper collar piece off, that the needle sides into. So..... my question is what carbs belong on the triple 600 and are they the same as on any other sled? IE, ZRT??? The reason I ask is I know I need at least one carb and possibly two if the copper collar which I think is called the needle jet p-2 can't be replaced.Any advice... other than call my local dealer. I have and the new replacement carb was 350 big ones!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Everything mechanically from the gas tank forward is ZRT.
Yes the carbs are the same (36's)
I am assuming the sled sat outside or had lack of maintenance in order for the carbs to seize up.
You should go through the clutches because chances are they are in rough shape.
Check your primary clutch cover for cracks and replace if needed.
99' had a recall on the cover and it's possible you have a bad one also.
You may also have to deal with the infamous Arctic Cat carburator safety switches.
If you have intermittent tunability or running issues disconnect them.
good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I'll keep my eyes open on ebay. I did find that they are the VM36-191. I'll check on the clutch now that you mentioned it. Hopefully it will be fine. They did ride the sled the last part of last season so who knows. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts