Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I think I finally found a good snowmobile forum :D

I recently purchased a used 2000 triple touring 600 (zrt engine, no power valves). Are there any recommendations anyone can give me on items that are prone to wear or breakage. The new ride has 824mi on it. I previously owned a 1999 580 EFI Pantera. I read a few posts about 580 efi rebuilds at the magical 3000mi mark. All I can say is that my 580 had 7200mi and still purred like a kitten (no pun intented)Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! With the 600 triple, you're getting one of the best motors Cat's put out. Especially in a touring package. I've found this to be a great touring motor. And a great sound.

If you read past posts, the 600 had a few minor teething issues but nothing I would worry about in the 2000. I know my '96 Zert despirately needed a clutch kit, but that's pretty much it. Some people experienced clutch failure problems but I think they were more isolated than wide-spread.

Good luck!

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have heard very good things about the 600 in the touring machine.... the low torque is put to good use and the machine is a true catillac to ride.. Good luck with the new machine and feel free to post any questions you have

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got about a foot of snow last night and was able to go for a 20mi trip on my new ride :D All I can say is WOW :inlove: My previous ride was a 99 Pantera 580. Even though the only differance with the Triple Touring is the engine thease 2 sled are completley differant. So smoooooooth, with a quieter and much better sounding exhaust. Almost feels like a turbine. I'm going to take real good care of this baby, they just d'ont make em like this any more :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
i ride a 99 zrt600 keep clutches clean-plug wires will wear thin on cyl heads use zip ties.synchronize carbs its easy because of sight glasses on the side. chain will be shot by 3000 miles otherwise a very good sled.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Too soon to tell for me. just got my wifes TT last year. Got 200 miles on it. Talk about smooth, feels like turbine power. the APV's on the 01 really broadened the power curve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts