Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell by my name, I ride ski-doo, but I really like the 5, 6, and 700 XCSP's.  I know that the 600 and 700 go pretty good, but what about the 500.  What kind of top end can you expect from the 2000 (45th Anniversary Ed.)?  I weigh 230 lbs and my concern is that the sled will be underpowered for my size.  Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
100-105 depending on conditions according to the speedo.  110 once in a while on a good day!

One day last winter, me and a friend with his 600XCSP were on a long lake.  He could get 110 and I could get 106.  These sled work remarkable well for a 500.  Biggest complaint is oil & gas consumption but hey, it's fun to run with or beat a larger sled!    

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i havent seen a 500 xc hit 110 yet?? I have seen 100-mabey 103 but thats on good going and im only 155 lbs but the 600 my buddy got has hit 110. and yes they love the gas.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read the review of this sled at snowgoercanada.com and they say that it is pretty quick, but often, the sleds that they ride for these magazine tests are "dealer-prepped".  I prefer to hear "real world" stories from the average people who ride these machines...thanks for the info guys.  Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
no doubt snow goer is right, it is quick and from my experience with them it will hit 100 mph fairly fast but then its pretty well maxed out give or take 2 or 3 mph. and as for your weight my buddy is 200 lbs and he will hit 100 mph or more with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts