Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics I have of the chassi s I bought off ebay. It was a Doo/Amsoil sponserd sled for the 2000 year. They did a reallly nice job on it. It's suppose to be way strnger than stock and 20lbs lighter. What do you guys think? Oh I paid $1476 but he's taking a couple hundred off since he doesn't have a secondary or primary for the chassis as I though. Which is coll as I intended to replace it with a aftermarket or Arctic bearcat anyhow. I don't really know what to llok for on a ZX so all hep will be greatly appreciated, keep in mind it is  race dept race chassis.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Different running boards with grips fabricated:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
pics are a bit foggy but it looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
do you plan on racing it ,or trail sled?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I won't be racing it on a sno-cross track. But it will be thew home to a tweaked 809.
Paul,
    what is kawky? i hope it's a good thing but I doubt it. Any thoughts about the aluminum rivited around the exhaust? It looks like it's for strenght ore durability or is it stocl like that?
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll find out when I pick it up. The guy doesn't know much about it other than what he can see. Like he can't tell the shocks,etc. He's a get on and ride guy. But it's a steal at $1276. And the 809 @ a grand.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the guy take the pics and email them to me as I bought it off ebay. he only has a cheaper dig. cam he said so that is why they are foggy. I'm going to pick it up during Hayday's i think so I cn go there also.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Did you buy that from the guy in MN??  Was is Cromwell?  Looks to be in good shape and that 809 will stir up *#!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sled dogg are you putting the 809 in?or are you getting a shop to do it,its something ive thought about doing in a couple of years.....it will be a wicked sled with that 809 in it,put some pics of it once the motor is in

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice buy!

Chassis looks good, don't worry about the rivets around the exhaust.

Short lug tack- double studded up the center, nice lake racer.

Do yourself a favor and save a headache later - inspect the drive chain and spockets, replace as required. Check jack shaft bearings, inspect drive shaft bearings and replace as required. Other than that, you have the perfect platform to build your dream machine. I wish I had her!

good luck!

A

·
0 Posts
It looks like the belly pan was busted off around the exhaust and they riveted in aluminum.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the bearings and bushings will be replaced no matter there condition. It'll have a new jack shaft and a Arctic Bear cat secondary installed. I'm going through it from top to bottom. Yes this is the sled from Cromwell,Minn. I'm picking it up during Haydays it looks like. I'm buying a complete conversion kit from Chris Bondie in Canada for 1,100us. Crank shop makes the pipes for aroung 900 nickle plated or lesss as Tim(zmachman) is trying to become a dealer. And it has a 1.250" track and 144 studs down the middle.
so here is the approximate breakdown:
chassis                           $1,276
motor                               1,000 809cc
Crank Shop pipes                   900
conversion kit                    1,100
Arctic Clutch & jackshaft        500 or less
Bearings,bushings,hyfax,etc     300      
                                     ~~~~~
                                      $5,076 total for a kick butt 3x3 Powered ZX Screamer. If Doo won't build them I will!!!

Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
after your done you can sell it to me for $5100

1 - 20 of 23 Posts