Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had a trip planned for next weekend :( my friend was pulling his sled out of the barn today. and just when he was about to load it on his pickup the engine siezed up solid. From what he told me it was idling a little high lots of smoke so it was getting oil. but anybody have any idea what might have caused it to seize up.?

he will be bringing it to my house on monday and were gona pull the engine to take a look.

its a 2001 700 FORMULA DELUX.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Has the sled been used this year or were you pulling it out of storage?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i pulled the head off tonight.The cly look fine pistons look good but its still locked up solid. Anything else i could check before i pull the engine.?

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Thought i'd read somewhere that the 700's had a problem with crank bearings. Maybe someone could shed some light on this.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pulled the engine today and its the crank . this sled 2001 has 26,000km on it.1st crank lasted19,000km second crank only lasted 4,000km. ordered a new crank today hope to have it running by friday. :rolleyes: . AND HE IS STILL RUNNING ORIGINAL OIL SHOCKS ON IT.LOL they are shot.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
pulled the engine today and its the crank . this sled 2001 has 26,000km on it.1st crank lasted19,000km second crank only lasted 4,000km. ordered a new crank today hope to have it running by friday. :rolleyes: . AND HE IS STILL RUNNING ORIGINAL OIL SHOCKS ON IT.LOL they are shot.[/b]
is it stored properly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts