Snowmobile World banner

2001 700sks

855 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  cdn 
#1 ·
Hey all I just picked up a 01 700sks with 3500 miles on it it has some minor scratches but over all its in good shape. It has a reverse kit installed.Is there anything that is common to this model that needs special attention ? What kind of oil should I be using in this(use amsoil in my 95 xlt triple)and what should I expect for mileage on a tank of gas?Thanks in advance for any info. Its driving me nuts cause I have to wait till Thursday to ride it!!!!!!!!! Im thinking the 136" track should help keep me riding more and shoveling less ,man do we have snow this year!!

#2 ·
I had an '00 SKS, also with reverse. Loved it. Although I've since sold it, still doing all maintenance on it. I converted the suspension to an Edge suspension. It was the first one I did. What a difference! Likely one of the best all around sleds I've owned, and I've had a bunch of them.

#3 ·
michahicks what kind of oil do u use?? Is amsoil(or any of the so called high end oils) worth the money.A few buddies that have been riding for years swear by Castrol and its way cheaper !!!!!
I have been using amsoil in my 95 xlt 600 triple and have no complaints except the price.

#4 ·
Amsoil is hard to argue with, but if you're looking for an alternative, talk to your friends that have some long term results to back them up! SKS has no special needs.

#5 ·
hey michahicks
Well I gave the new toy the once over,new hyfax and new carbides new plugs and a grease job and checked all the suspension and front end out.I also got another jug of Amsoil and a buddies buddy had a stinger off his old '00 700 sks so we stuck that on.Should be good to go.Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.