Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 MXZ 600. I have installed a clutch kit but that is about it. What else could I do to gain more HP and speed. I would rather not tear to much into the motor but I am not against any ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just ride it man..... or go bigger... :p[/b]

Ihave gone bigger. I just bought the MXZ 800 Renagade. This is just a pare that I let my buddies ride and my girlfriend. don't want to put a whole lot of money into it but I would like to make it faster. If there is such a thing

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ihave gone bigger. I just bought the MXZ 800 Renagade. This is just a pare that I let my buddies ride and my girlfriend. don't want to put a whole lot of money into it but I would like to make it faster. If there is such a thing[/b]
"Faster" can mean different things to different people and for different trails.

If you want more acceleration out of the corners then try picks (I've dropped to 96 from 144 cause I tore out a couple that were on the edge).

If top speed is what you are after then you can sacrifice some low speed acceleration by changing the gears. I haven't decided if I am going to do this cause the trails here are usually more twisty so I do not hit top speed too often.

You can also lift the sleeve which requires the heads to be machined and add a shim at the bottom to counter the machined head. This raises the ports which apparently helps. My engine has been done and so far no troubles (rebuilding now due to small coolant leak and some leaning out but it is unrelated).

The first two options won't take you out of commission for long so you can enjoy the trails. The last option I would save for the off-season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts