Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
What does everyone think about the 2001 MXZ800's. Been seeing a lot of really good deals in the trader for these. I heard that the top speed isn't that hot but how do they handle the trails? How about gas mileage? Trails is where I do most of my riding.
Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have an 01 800X and I had 4400 trouble free miles except for the rewind. had it replaced w/ an updated one. (ski doo covered it). The top end isnt that hot but its quick getting there it just dies around 104. Over all I like the sled really quick on the trail and its good in snow, my only complaint was the stock skis, I switched to [email protected]'s and it made the sled alot more fun to ride. A little clutching can help out w/ the top end speed of the machine.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had an o1 800x and it was my favorite sled to date. es top end was my only gripe but if you are a trail rider i think you will really enjoy it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ive gotta agree w/ go4it, those stock skis SUCK BAD.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have added over $4000 worth of accessories to mine so far and wouldnt part with it. I updated to the percision skis, that makes a huge difference. I have the X package and totally love it. I had minor recoil slippage which went away when I removed the stock can and put on a MBRP race can and added heat tape to the recoil cover. Ive had a slight idle issue that once you adjust the fuel screws and learn little tricks is no big deal at all. Plenty of power all the way as far as I am concerned. I have seen 120 mph on the speedo. It rides awesome and I have recently done some clutching that appears to have increased the holeshot huge.
If you find a good deal these sleds are excellent. Ditch the flex skis or add those pcs strips because the dart bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts