Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought up this topic earlier about if i should buy this sled or not, and i was just wondering what the acceleration and the top speed of this sled is compared to a srx700 triple/triple..... are there twin pipe upgrades for this sled, because if i bought it, i would pipe it, which would also mean i would have to jet it and clutch it.... right?

I was also wondering if there is a better primary clutch i could get, is the stock one any good? will an aftermarket primary be a better thing for speed for worse? i just want to know some easy "bolt on" mods that i can get the most bang for my buck, i was reading that twin pipes will actually make you loose top end speed and Hp... is that true?

if you read my other thread about it being forsale a page or two back its got a melted down piston, and i might need to get the cyls bored out depending if there is damage..... if not then i wont do it... i'm lost when it comes to what i want if i had to do the engine rebuild.... i'm having the dealer do it..... really confused.

thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
i brought up this topic earlier about if i should buy this sled or not, and i was just wondering what the acceleration and the top speed of this sled is compared to a srx700 triple/triple..... are there twin pipe upgrades for this sled, because if i bought it, i would pipe it, which would also mean i would have to jet it and clutch it.... right?
I was also wondering if there is a better primary clutch i could get, is the stock one any good? will an aftermarket primary be a better thing for speed for worse? i just want to know some easy "bolt on" mods that i can get the most bang for my buck, i was reading that twin pipes will actually make you loose top end speed and Hp... is that true?

if you read my other thread about it being forsale a page or two back its got a melted down piston, and i might need to get the cyls bored out depending if there is damage..... if not then i wont do it... i'm lost when it comes to what i want if i had to do the engine rebuild.... i'm having the dealer do it..... really confused.

thanks[/b]
top speed around 100-105, if its stock. there are a lot of twin pipe upgrades for this sled but what this engine really likes is a good porting and different head, those are worth around 10-12 hp in itself, yes you wouldhave to rejet and reclutch it to match the pipes, your peak power might be higher than the 7800rpm stock. if its not clutched right you will deffinetly not be able to reach your top speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts