Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a R&D 2001 800x with under 100km. Basically new. Its a great deal but I have heard difference of opinion on this one.
All updates are done. At $7000.00 cdn seems like a good deal, or maybe I should stay away. I have a 2001 MXZx 440 the wife will gladly take off my hands if this 800 is any good.
Any info would be great.

·
Registered
278 Posts
where did you find this R&D sled. and is it a 800x. I am also looking for a R&D sled. My 700 is now with god !

Thanks Musk doo

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
$7000 Cdn is a steal grab it!  And if u dont really want buy it and sell it to me i could use another sled.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
"Reasearch and Developement"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
No it means Recked and Destroyied.

Stay away from R&Ds.  I blew up 2 last year all with only a few hours of riding.  

The engine is not the same as a non R&D sled.  The oil passages may not be the same size or may be in diffrent locations.  

They dont last long.  Thats why bombardier hardly sells them.  They only sell them if they put a new engine in it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
For that price, I'd be cautious as well. You never get something for nothing. Other than the potential future aggravation, is it at least covered by a standard warranty? I'm not even sure that a bonafide warranty would make it worthwhile. In general, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That is a good price but those r&d sleds gotta make you wonder.If it comes with any warranty i would get it.You could ride it for the rest of this season and sell it next fall for what you paid or a few hundred bucks more.I bought a r&d form plus back in 93 and never had a problem with it for the four years i had it.And thats when i was young and very hard on the equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts