Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 summit 500 fan. the RER doesnt work. I let the engine warm. then push and hold
the button, but all it does is kill the engine. just like im pushing the kill switch. Anybody know
or has had this problem?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sounds like your secondary crankshaft igniter has failed or the wiring to it is corroded. Do a visual inspection of all the connections between the enngine and MPEM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like your secondary crankshaft igniter has failed or the wiring to it is corroded. Do a visual inspection of all the connections between the enngine and MPEM.[/b]
It doesnt have a mpem, its a s-chassis cause its a 500 fan, with hac instead of dpm.
but it problably still has 2 crank picks though. Where are they located?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like your secondary crankshaft igniter has failed or the wiring to it is corroded. Do a visual inspection of all the connections between the enngine and MPEM.[/b]
How do you test the secondary pick up? Im thinking that this is the problem cause my beeper sound doesnt make sound when i push the button, meaning that the secondary circut is not supplying power to make noise or fire the plugs. the shop manual doesnt help much either.
thanks in advance for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts