Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 2001 srx with 144 studs and an slp can....
I have a 2006 f7 efi with 133 studs and an ultra q can......

Who would win off the hole shot and at top end?

Seeing the snow isnt coming to the midwest anytime soon, I have to go with predictions on who is going to win.... Anyone know by personal experience? Fill me in!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My brother has a 2001 srx with 144 studs and an slp can....
I have a 2006 f7 efi with 133 studs and an ultra q can......

Who would win off the hole shot and at top end?

Seeing the snow isnt coming to the midwest anytime soon, I have to go with predictions on who is going to win.... Anyone know by personal experience? Fill me in![/b]

Sorry but I have to give the edge to your brother. but it should be close..

Good luck.

Skoka

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sorry but I have to give the edge to your brother. but it should be close..

Good luck.

Skoka[/b]
Your brother will not only win the race but, he will get better fuel mileage doing it. I would like to know what Yamaha did to make them things get such good mileage.
All you have to do to beat him is to cheat a little, Jump the gun and swerve at him. He will back off the throttle and you can take him! LOL!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your brother will not only win the race but, he will get better fuel mileage doing it. I would like to know what Yamaha did to make them things get such good mileage.
All you have to do to beat him is to cheat a little, Jump the gun and swerve at him. He will back off the throttle and you can take him! LOL![/b]
I will admit, he does get really good gas mileage with that SRX.... I had a zl 500 and id be at a quarter of a tank and he would still have 3 quarters of a tank... I am guessing if I posted this in the arctic cat thread people would probably say the f7 would win right? lol! Well I guess we will have to see what happens but since he does have triple pipes I am thinking he will have an edge on me... But as far as looks go snowmobile wise... I think I have him beat!

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
It depends on your set up . Your can is not going to give you anymore power and if the computer wasnt upgraded then Id say you cant win , But if you had all that done or a injector prefector installed I would say it would be close for 1/4 mile . Does he have transfer rods

·
Registered
70 Posts
how far are you racing? because the yamaha will still be runnin when the cat blows a piston :D

i had to poke some fun now :) honestly i cant stand the cat green. Ive only ridden one cat in my life, so I cant really comment negative because it was a good ride (an early 90's ext)

if you had fun, you won...right? ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It depends on your set up . Your can is not going to give you anymore power and if the computer wasnt upgraded then Id say you cant win , But if you had all that done or a injector prefector installed I would say it would be close for 1/4 mile . Does he have transfer rods[/b]
The only thing done to it is an slp can and a studded track.. I have no clue what transfer rods are, if its something you get added on then no....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tranfer rods help the srx to hook up . The stock set up even though its picked will just spin. So the rods help put more track down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know. those f7's, set up well are pretty fast. Had a 05 f7 holeshot me last year and it took about a 1/2 mile before I krept up to him on my 05 machz 1000. My 01 srz doesn't touch my mach, when its running!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts