Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this be a good sled to get ? I want a mountain sled for the obvious reason of going to the mountains. As well as general riding in my area which is comprised of mostly rivers and lakes as well as some trails. Would this still be okay for riding around this area ? I know it has the 2 inch track as well as a narrow ski stance, but what else ? All my buddies ride mountain sleds. Some other people i may go riding with say it would be a mistake. How is the fuel milage for general riding ? Any Suggestions ? What do you think ?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Where do you doo the largest percent of your riding? If your in the powder and hills all the time then a mountain machine would be great for you. If you spend half your time there you might want to consider a skidoo Renegade or a polaris SKS. They are multipurpose sleds.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have ridden both the gade and the sks,you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought the same sled but I will be riding all mountain deep powder here in Colorado... I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but I can tell you that it turns like crap riding up and down my cement driveway :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both a Ski-Doo MXZ 700 and a Polaris 700 RMK. I wouldn't recommend getting a mountain sled for lake and river riding. If I were you I would do one of two things. Either stick with a short track and go to a 1.25" or go with a hybrid sled such as the Renegade. Alot of riders in Minnesota who like to ride both flatlands and mountains ride this sled. Good Luck to you in your choice. :withstupid:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i bought a 2001 Summit 800. I just couldn't pass up the deal. She is a real gem. I have put over 300 km on her already. She just loves the deep stuff. We have over 3 feet of powder in some spots. Check her out !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Very nice looking sled. What was the deal that you couldn't pass up?
Caleb

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hope ya reclutched for low elev. riding. Other than that, stay away from the ice and no-snow trails. Kinda hard on tracks/hyfax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts