Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2001 tcat leftover.  Do any of you have any set-up suggestions for a stock engine.   Looking for clutching, studding, airbox, jetting, reeds, gearing, etc.  Ride in Michigan.  Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think that was supposed to be my T-cat.  I bet I can guess what you paid for it.  

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at past posts.  I think you were looking at LaBarons?  If so that is not it.  I found this at Sports Hut in New Baltimore.  It was $6600 + tax and freight.  What prices were you finding?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
LeBarrons had the '02, but I had found a dealer in MN that had a couple '01s for $6499 plus tax...#### of a deal.  Sounds like you did pretty good yourself.  Enjoy the sled, hopefully I can pick one up next year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my friend has 2000 t-cat what we did on it isd&d air box v force 2degree key  but dont remember jetting but i thing it was 3 sized down from factory and spx canister for clutching front spring cat orange and white from cat 62 gram polaris weight for rear clutch red and white with 57\50cam have to grind the bottom of the cam so the the roller cover wont hit and gearing we use 24 \37  works great for the past 3year

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Funny how those Doo guys have to keep telling themselves that!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JIM FRITCH @ Sep. 11, 2002, 10:19pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Funny how those Doo guys have to keep telling themselves that!!!
[/b][/quote]
It's classic over compensation rooted in a deeply held Napoleon complex coupled with major self esteem issues that stem from some traumatic childhood event, most likely getting beat up after school almost daily.  It's textbook and quite sad really.  We should feel sorry for them.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zr800 2001 @ Sep. 10, 2002, 4:52pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my friend has 2000 t-cat what we did on it isd&d air box v force 2degree key  but dont remember jetting but i thing it was 3 sized down from factory and spx canister for clutching front spring cat orange and white from cat 62 gram polaris weight for rear clutch red and white with 57\50cam have to grind the bottom of the cam so the the roller cover wont hit and gearing we use 24 \37  works great for the past 3year[/b][/quote]
Racing 500ft? Trails?

·
Registered
0 Posts
atyszka - Are you an english major? Writer? Or did you just
thuroughly think that post through. Very well worded. What
was it in reference to? Did someone bring out the old Mach Z
T-cat scenario?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I used to be an advertising creative director, so yeah, lots of writing experience.  I was just trying to add a little humor to the fact that "as usual" a MachZ owner felt the need to tell us how much faster they are than a TCat.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Art, be honest here, for 200cc's more don't you think the T-cat should really cream the MachZ?  I have played with many and either alot of people don't know what they are doing or the MachZ rocks for only being 800cc's.  I look at it this way, there wasn't anything 200cc's smaller that was remotely close to stock that could hang with my Z.  So using that analogy, you would think the same would be true for the T-cat and I found out that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
886 Posts
With 200 more cc's should it, yes.  Does it, no.  I'm not disputing that.  Is there alot of untapped potential in the TCat?  Is there just as much left in the Mach?  Ski-Doo did a fantastic job engineering and building that sled.  The Mach is extremely fast, I'd never say it wasn't.  But is every MachZ on the trails twice as fast as every TCat as some Mach owners like to brag?  I don't yet have enough seat time in mine to know more than last season I raced 4 Machs - lost 2, won 2.  And my sled is 100% stock.  So do they blow by me like I'm standing still?

I was simply trying to make light of the CONSTANT flood of MachZ owners that feel the need to consistently post in the AC forum how much faster and better their sled is than anything ever made.  Some of the guys are very knowledgable and helpful to other sledders, but I know you have to have seen it.  I've seen it in your RX-1 threads.  I'm sure it's mostly meant in fun, and I figure that if you can dish it out . . .

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am sorry I offended the poor web master
I am friends with mjwills out side of this fourm and I was just trying to get him going about his new sled. Hopefully the webmasters sled runs better than his sense of humor. But to all of you guys that have a sence of humor I like a little brand trash talk every now and then.

Thanks
Duane

·
Registered
886 Posts
It didn't offend me Duane, I figured it was the usual good natured ribbing that takes place in any competitive motorsport. But it after you see it posted time and time again . . .  I've been involved in drag racing for many years and even used to be one of the guys that would say "I'd rather my sister worked in a whorehouse than drove a Chevy" but have since grown up (my wife might disagree) and realized that there is not truly a "best" brand in all aspects, and no matter what you drive there is always someone faster.

But like I said, if you can dish it out . . .  

·
Registered
203 Posts
What precisely are you looking for?
I helped a guy set up his 01 and we went with a purple spring and then found out it heated up the clutches to much. Stick with red, yellow/green, or yellow white 64 gram weights in the primary, a straight 51 degree helix and red/white secondary and 19/40 gears. A 57/50 helix will stretch your arms out on the lake but is to steep for mountains. If you will be doing much climbing stick with a straight helix. Regardless of set-up make sure you weight your weights, they are always way off.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (duanes-z @ Sep. 12, 2002, 9:20pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am sorry I offended the poor web master
I am friends with mjwills out side of this fourm and I was just trying to get him going about his new sled. Hopefully the webmasters sled runs better than his sense of humor. But to all of you guys that have a sence of humor I like a little brand trash talk every now and then.

Thanks
Duane[/b][/quote]
Well that's great that your friends outside the forum, but did you ever stop and think that noone else would know that?

How am I or the mods able to seperate your "friendly" bashing from the rest of the "non-friendly" stuff?

Well?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement.  I would agree there is much more untapped potential in the t-cat because of its displacement.  

As you get a kick out of the MachZ owners that rag on the t-cat guys, I get a kick out of the t-cat guys that rag on the MachZ's.  The biggest kick I get is when you run into the guy that has a t-cat that isn't dialed in, they think because it's 200 cc's bigger it will smoke our Mach's.  Then reality hits em right in the chops.

As you said, it doesn't matter what you have, someone is always faster.

·
Registered
886 Posts
And racing is always full glitches.  My Mustang would consistently qualify in the top 3 of the class I raced (heads-up) but was I consistently in the final round?  I wish I could say yes.  

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry - I should have clearly stated my intentions.  Trail/friendly race (with my Mach Z buddy) in Michigan.  I have had some clutching suggestions, but looking for more suggestions.  Also would like suggestions on studs.  I have been told 192 - 240 total and 1.075 - 1.325 length.  Are v-force worth the $?  Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts