Snowmobile World banner

2001 xc 600

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikel_NY 
#1 ·
I bought a sled here a few years back and it had never seen snow. The first 7 tears of its life seen nothing but the grass. I bought the sled on ebay. I call the guy to see what was done to the motor and he told me that it was balance and blue printed.What does that mean exactly? What else could they have done to affect the fuel milage. My friend has an 01 800, we can fuel up at the same time and mine will use a 1/4 tank more than his or any other xc that runs with us. The jetting was allittle rich when i got it so we rejetted it. It runs really good but not that good for the extra fuel it uses. Does anyone have any thoughts.

Thanks Shawn

#2 ·
balanced and blue printed means the rotating parts are balanced so when it is running there is minimal vibration(you can usually run it at a higher than normal rpm or HP without damaging it.)
Blue printing just means he took measurements and recorded that; when he rebuilt it.
(example: bore sizes,,bearing clearances,...)
If it was a race engine it could go as far as matching the combustion chamber sizes,intake flow ,exhaust flow by grinding away and smoothing parts.

My 600xcsp eats fuel too,,things that helped were loosening the track off to double the
book value,,keeping the exhaust valves clean and synthetic grease and oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.