Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 2001 yamaha sx-r's, one is a 500 twin and the other is a 700 tripple. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything at all about them, like HP, or any up's or downs about them, or the best mod for them etc. i cant find any info anywhere. thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have two 2001 yamaha sx-r's, one is a 500 twin and the other is a 700 tripple. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything at all about them, like HP, or any up's or downs about them, or the best mod for them etc. i cant find any info anywhere. thanks[/b]

The 700 is about 117hp stock. If its bone stock I would rejet mains, clutch kit , head gasket mod , reed stop noch / 14.5mm rollers

The 500 I dont know about.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 700 is about 117hp stock. If its bone stock I would rejet mains, clutch kit , head gasket mod , reed stop noch / 14.5mm rollers

The 500 I dont know about.[/b]

It is bone stock. What would i get for a clutch kit. And what is a head gasket mod, and a reed stop noch. 14.5mm rollers are for the primary clutch right. I am just gettin into having my own snowmobiles so i am not sure on all what you can do to them. I raced motocross for 3 years and i do all my own work on that so all i need is a good idea and i can go from there. thank you fot the info.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It is bone stock. What would i get for a clutch kit. And what is a head gasket mod, and a reed stop noch. 14.5mm rollers are for the primary clutch right. I am just gettin into having my own snowmobiles so i am not sure on all what you can do to them. I raced motocross for 3 years and i do all my own work on that so all i need is a good idea and i can go from there. thank you fot the info.[/b]
The reed notch is instead of buying reed spacers u cut a notch on the top reed stopper ,the head gasket mod is u take the head gasket apart and remove one or two sheets , jetting is the best for it its way to rich from factory, the clutch on the yamahas arent bad and for afew dollars you can set them up pretty good .

Jetting will be the your biggest bang for the buck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reed notch is instead of buying reed spacers u cut a notch on the top reed stopper ,the head gasket mod is u take the head gasket apart and remove one or two sheets , jetting is the best for it its way to rich from factory, the clutch on the yamahas arent bad and for afew dollars you can set them up pretty good .

Jetting will be the your biggest bang for the buck.[/b]
I took my exhaust off to repaint it and when putting it back together i found that the gacket restricted the flow due to it not lineing up with the Y pipe or the exhaust ports so i ground it down to match them perfactly, at the tallest point it prolly stuck up about 3/16 of an inch i thought it was crazy that it did that.. have you or anyone ever seen that. i also have a aftermarket can to go with the mods you told me about.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
90hp for the 500

Turk has awesome set ups for both

PM him

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90hp for the 500

Turk has awesome set ups for both

PM him[/b]
How to i PM turk? thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have seen several mm700 and the viper I just bought where the exhaust gasket was installed upside down causing the exhaust port to be restricted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts