Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any suggestions anyone may have for clutching or gearing a 2000 or 2001 sno-pro-sno-cros sled for trail riding. I want to get a little more top-end out of it if possible 5-10mph. I have tried regearing from stock 19-40 to 20-39 or 19-39, Sled seems to not get the right 8700 top rpm geared other than stock. I have a D&D helix and D&D yellow primary spring. I want to kick 600 cc sleds butt on top end as well if possible. Off the line there is no problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am in zero elevation.
   Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
You arent going to beat a well tuned 500 let alone a 600.

They have more h.p. and torque than you do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HPZRT600 from 0 - 85 see ya right now 600 how many trails in woods can you do over 85 anyways, the girl on the D&D cover, I saw her smoke a Viper on grass with a fan cooled sled, and just like you said well tuned, if a well tuned fan can spank a viper then it should not take much to tweak a 440 liquid.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have friends with sno-pro's and 500 twins and 600 twins and the 500 and 600 twins are always first on a drag race down the road. The sno pro's can pull a half a sled to maybe a sled out of the hole but after 40-50 the race is over. Most of the time that is due to hooking up on the hole shot because the 440 with less torque wont spin the track off the gate as much. If the 500 and 600 hook up equally, then the race is done for the 440.

As for a 68 h.p. fan engine beating a new viper, I HIGHLY doubt it or the guy with the viper was a idiot and didn't know how to clutch at all.  Stock for stock, no way in hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts