Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, just bought 01 zr600 efi. Bought it knowing it didn't run. Initial diagnosis, no spark. Coil tested good, good spark plugs, what are the chances stator is bad? How often does the ecu go bad if at all?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19 Posts
99% chance stator - 1% chance ECU. Based on years of seeing failures on these pages. But, check all the rest of the electrical FIRST. (kill switch, tors switch, ignition switch)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tested stator, ohms are within the 20% of 17 ohms required. Cleaned the stator ground to engine. Still no spark... I'd hate to buy a stator with the one I have testing good. Not sure what to do at this point.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top