Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today that Arctic Cat has Announced a Recall Bulletin about the problems with 2001 ZR 800 Pistons, and are offering a 2002 Piston Kit Update to Correct the problem. I was wondering if this was true or not, and is there any cost to the Consumer?  Thanks.   zr800o1

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've heard about the problems, where did you hear about the recall??  Will this be done even if the sled is out of warranty?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If its a recall than it doesnt matter if its out of warranty. The same thing happened to the 98 ZR 600,s with specific serial #'s. One thing I will say about Cat is that thair warranty department looks after people........I even got warranty on a track from Cat.........and we all know how hard it is to get warranty on tracks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Lots of talk on several sites that some dealers have already received written details of the recall.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
What is the problem that people are having with them. Meltdown? Cracking? What?  Just curious. I have a friend with one and about 4500 miles on it without a problem.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
According to information on other sites (which will remain nameless) dealers are receiving information on the updated parts as we speak and customers should be receiving letters from AC in the near future. If this info proves to be correct, its certainly a strong show of customer commitment from AC. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
sled-head, from what ive seen AC doesnt like to answer to people when it comes to warranty issues. my friend who owns a shop, some guy had a 98 or 99 zr something, had a re-call on the clutch, CAT didnt do anything about it, they just left the guy sitting there jacking off. and another thing has happened to a guy i know, so CAT isnt to good w/ their warranties from my experiences.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I called Arctic Cat on friday and theier response was that there is no recall or bulletin for 01 pistons and that their is no problem with them. They also said that all the talk about them is strictly rumor.
Personally I hope its True.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
On another topic they say the recall is true.
SOmebody even gave a number.
This is what they said it was. #2003-1-7 part number 0637-223. They stated it was for the 2001 piston recall. Don't know if its true or not.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There is definately a recall...no cost to customer. Just got off the phone with local dealer and he read the recall to me ver batim (sp?), it said '01 twin cylinder motors, so I guess that means the Pantera's and ZL's also.

Pete, do you have the name of the person you spoke to at CAT??? I would like to call them and report them to their boss. If anyone else is told by CAT or a dealer that this doesn't exist, you can tell them that they are full of @#$%.

Thanks for the info guys.

Jim

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I remember reading in snow tech about some 01 zr 800's with higher mileage having piston skirts breaking :0: It was one of the earlier issues
in last season but i remember it as i got to tease my friend who was making
fun of my doo 800 for having to be recalled for pistons ;) Hope it works out
for you guys as i think the companies should stand behind their product.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I emailed my dealer last night and got a response today.. that yes they are recalling the Pistons in the 01 800's..

Get this.. the dealer is only getting .8 tenths of hour to make the repair.. If your getting yours done you might want to ask them to take a little time and check things out.. They are not making enough money to even slow down and clean things.

Labarron's Arctic Cat is First rate..

What a great dealer,, all parts in stock ready to take care of everyone..

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
sledcrazy, I've found exactly the opposite to be true with Cat. Its been known to take a fair bit of communication (ya politely bugging the crap out of them) but in the end they usually make good on service issues. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Sep 29 2002, 03:49 AM
sled-head, from what ive seen AC doesnt like to answer to people when it comes to warranty issues. my friend who owns a shop, some guy had a 98 or 99 zr something, had a re-call on the clutch, CAT didnt do anything about it, they just left the guy sitting there jacking off. and another thing has happened to a guy i know, so CAT isnt to good w/ their warranties from my experiences.
Cat has been good to me........The fix is in My dealer has the 01 piston recall letter.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've got an 01 800 but I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet . What's a reasonable length of time for a dealer to get in touch . I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow but I'm just trying to guage my dealer I guess . ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
:sleepy: cant someone put the letter in so we cant see what it says also we could print it and show to the dealer if they dont agree or something one of my friend as 99 t-cat with the clucht cracking everwhere and the dealer says that there are no recal for model thanks :cussing:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by zr80025@Oct 1 2002, 12:35 PM
:sleepy: cant someone put the letter in so we cant see what it says also we could print it and show to the dealer if they dont agree or something one of my friend as 99 t-cat with the clucht cracking everwhere and the dealer says that there are no recal for model thanks :cussing:
:withstupid:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts