Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ZR limited edition 600 efi with power valves . (1st year AC had them). The problem is even after talking to company heads directly I find out there is nothing I can do or theye can do for the oil that leaks out onto floor after ridding her...The style of ridding OR the type of oil used does not affect the oil leak from th eoverflow tubes..BUT ! I am hopin gsomeone out there might actually be able to tell me if theye have devised a good way to hide  the oil dripping from NON AC RIDERS.......?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (all out racing @ Sep. 24, 2002, 04:20am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice if you told us where it was coming from.[/b][/quote]
He did, The overflow tubes he says. My brother in laws 2001 800 does something similar I think. But his seems to come out the exhaust or something, but it could be running down the belly pan and coming out next to the exhaust. I checked his oil injection pump and everything is fine. Can't figure it out. Although I did just have an idea. I wonder if its because this yr he is using a full synthetic and maybe he is getting a little more blow-by.  hmmmm.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If it is leaking from the overflow tubes for the power valves, its normal. Don't worry about it. I have an 02 600 EFI that does the same thing. Nothing is broke or out of adjustment, thats just how it works. If its not coming from that tube then you may have a problem. On my 02 the drain comes out right next to the exhaust. The valves don't recycle the oil into the system and not much can seep past them into the exhaust so it has to come out some place. I usually put a peice of cardboard under that spot when I am done useing it. The oil spot varies sometimes is a small spot the size of a quarter and other times its alittle bit bigger. Unless your leaving a small lake there everynight i wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you really want to hide the oil spot, you can re-route the oil drain hose. Move it so it comes out in the back of the belly pan. Another idea is to mount a container on the sled and route the hose into the container. just a few ideas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rfmckee @ Sep. 25, 2002, 02:48am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (all out racing @ Sep. 24, 2002, 04:20am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice if you told us where it was coming from.[/b][/quote]
He did, The overflow tubes he says. My brother in laws 2001 800 does something similar I think. But his seems to come out the exhaust or something, but it could be running down the belly pan and coming out next to the exhaust. I checked his oil injection pump and everything is fine. Can't figure it out. Although I did just have an idea. I wonder if its because this yr he is using a full synthetic and maybe he is getting a little more blow-by.  hmmmm.[/b][/quote]
I know he said overflow tubes but which ones, he can be a little more specific than that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the same sled.  The drain hose for the APV should exit out of a small hole in the belly pan (right side I think).  It is designed like this so that excess oil does not flow in to the exhaust.

newf

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The leak just looks and sounds ugly......but better on the floor than gumming up the valves
 I use Cat APV synthetic oil and I wonder if Amsoil would be as messy?

·
Registered
84 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sled-head @ Sep. 26, 2002, 12:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if Amsoil would be as messy?[/b][/quote]
Yes it is!!!  Been using Amsoil for 2 years and the overflow still leaks, usually about a spot 1"-2" thats all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts