Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm considering buying a used 2001 ZR600 Blair Morgan. It has 3000 miles on it and looks to be in really nice shape. I've never owned a Arctic Cat before, its always been Ski Doo's and Polaris's. I would like any kind of feed back regarding this sled from owner's or any info in general., if its a good buy or should I look for something else. Are there a lot of problems etc. Is the Blair Morgan just a shock package?

Thanks for your help

·
10,054 Posts
the morgan package was a special edition set up,,,, shocks and possibly some different graphics,,,, make sure you look it over real good as it is always buyer beware,,,,

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Limited edition Blair Morgan ZR 600 was only made in 2000

so its a 2000 ZR600 with green rails,short windshield with number plate 07,clicker shocks 1.25 predator track and was carbed with Blair Morgan signature on the seat

very nice looking sled IMO

check airbox rubber boots(between carbs and airbox) as well as the carb flanges for cracks(between carbs and engine)
service the clutches especially the primary

check where the rear spring long end is and see if the rails are ovaled or not

125-135psi (within 5psi )

get an Oles machine 3-4" 30degree riser for your bars and some hooks

They are fun sleds

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have had a number of cats over the years only had two problems one chain case, and a lighting coil all of mine where used and they got lots of miles put on them buy us .

·
Registered
593 Posts
The drive shaft was an issue, it was updated to have two outer drivers added that dont have any teeth just to spread out the load.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
a used sled is a used sled. 3000 miles are 3000 miles.a sled could be junk or in good shape with that many miles on it. it would depend on how well it was taken care of. freezerburnt had the best advice. you could probably tell more from who had it like,was it garage kept or sat out side covered or uncovered. myself would never buy a used sled without going all over it after i brought it home and what i find is kinda in the oh well factor unless i discovered something big. i would call who ever i bought it from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts