Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a 2001 ZR800 but a lot of my friends have told me they have a tendency to blow engines.I have only driven Polaris in the past so I have no first hand knowledge of the Arctic Cat motors.any information on this sled would be greatly appreciated.  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have an '01 ZR800 and love it, no problems, love the sled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have one 2001 i have almost 3000mile have vforce dd air box down jet 2 size  only problem is if you use low quality oil would need to clean the valve often

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Walton, I have about 1000 miles on it.  Kept it stock for first 500, then put D&D pipes on it w/no clutch work.  Still ran fine, but lost top-end w/improper clutching.  Just clutched it this summer, so can't wait.  My dealer gave me the wrong oil, so I've had to clean the ex. valves already.  The handling is what really impresses me w/this sled.  I can run the bumpy trails as hard as I want, and it just gets better.  I had a ZRT  800, so I was used to a little more power...but my sled dynos around 156 hp now (140 stock) and I probably won't do much else to it, except maybe studs, V-Force and airbox.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well Jim, if I were you I would change the pistons to the new and improved one's. With those pipes your max eng. rpm probably will go from 7500 to around 8200. Better change those pistons !!

Auggie

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love my 800, never had one problem with it, couldnt ask for anything more but maybe a longer snow season.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A friend of mine has a stock 01 800 with close to 5000 miles on it. Original pistons. Runs like a top.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It´s a great sled, but i think the handling could be better...
Maybe it´ll do for you, but I want a more agressive handling.:angry:

Just my 02

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The only issue is with the stock pistons. AC has a recall on them that will make it dead nuts reliable, of course at N/C to the customer.
You can't go wrong as its fast, smooth, handles and rides well with the bonus being its very easy on fuel. Nice sled......enjoy and don't forget to wait at the intersections for your Polaris Bros to catch up.
Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 10 2002, 03:10 PM
Nice sled......enjoy and don't forget to wait at the intersections for your Polaris Bros to catch up.
Rick.
:p :D

HEHEHEHE!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Man! I wanted to use that so bad. And I held back. Then you go and do something like this. Geez :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 11 2002, 02:10 PM
The only issue is with the stock pistons. AC has a recall on them that will make it dead nuts reliable, of course at N/C to the customer.
I have looked for the recall but have been unable to locate it,where can I find this info??

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Air, look in the next page or two of A/C posts...there is a thread specifically on the recall.

I have to say again, I rode my ZR very hard last year and it performed perfectly...I can't imagine wanting another sled for the trails.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts