Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 500 XC with 2300 mi. Looks to be in great cond. and both cyl. measure 125 compression. How is the ride with the Edge chassis / suspension, better than the Xtra 10 (I didn't think the Xtra 10 rode very well)? Any knowledge on this sled that I should be aware of? -Thx.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Best Sled Poo had back then IMO

no worry about valves

solid 90-95hp

Yes I know the XC500SP 01-06 or so has valves(104hp) but the XC 500 does not

·
Registered
267 Posts
Had a '99 XC 500, motor was fabulous and surprisingly fast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know of any ride difference between the Xtra-10 and the Edge rear suspension? The geometry looks very similar other than the Position Sensitive shock and ~14" of travel versus 10".

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Best Sled Poo had back then IMO

no worry about valves

solid 90-95hp

Yes I know the XC500SP 01-06 or so has valves(104hp) but the XC 500 does not[/b]
I didn't think there was a non-sp in 2002. I'm pretty sure they were all SP's.

Either way, a great sled, one of the best all round sleds you can buy, from any manufacturer, and year. Bullet proof, handles great, very fast for it's size, great off trail, even though it's a short track. You can ride with the big sleds and never apologize for only having a 500.

If I were reccomending a cheap way to get into sledding, this sled would be in my top 3.

The Edge is an updated Xtra 10. Not the plushest of skids, but a good compromise between a Pro-X and a an M-10.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts