Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been having many overheating issues this year and a skidoo tech informed me that he has come across many of these 500 XC SP sleds with this issue. My dealer confirms this. There is a problem with a warped overfill bottle neck. This is keeping the pressure too low in the system. Needs to be 13psi. I have run with liquid cooled yamaha and acrtic cat sleds and I am the only one shutting down. I think we need to put the "heat" on polaris if others are seeing this let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
tarscraper,
 if my memory serves me right there is a recall on this sled for that. i will look and see.

·
Registered
791 Posts
My buddy has an 01 xc sp 500 and is having the same overheating problem.  His problem was just that the rad cap was not holding pressure and the sled was overheating.  Easy fix but took a little time to figure this out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Polaris will be sending letters to owners of 2002 model polaris xc's. My dealer called me 3-8-02 to ask me if I have experienced overheating trouble. I have not with my 02 600 but many people have with the 500/600/700/800 models. He also said polaris is sending all dealerships the parts to update. I understand it is an additional heat exchanger to be plumbed into the rear of the chassis, and will be performed by your dealership. I will wait for the notice and bring it in to have the update done regardless. You will hear from Polaris soon.

·
Registered
625 Posts
There are issues like the others have stated, and it is most prevalent on M-10 equipped sleds it seems. Dealers will be doing a few things, An add on heat exchanger, longer snowflaf to keep the dust on the exchangers, new coolant bottle, and TPS re-adjust to approximately 3.75 volts. I read on another forum about someone who had troubles all winter, they did all the above items, and in 1200 miles of riding no more problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who responded.... all great helpful information. I feel a little better about the $$$$ I spent on this machine now!!

tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts