Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the 2002 600 Classic Touring? Goods and bads???

Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It IS a Polaris...The motor is probably at or near the top in it's class, the chassis you mention would be right there also.

To offer any more than that, it might help to know how, what, when, and where you plan on using it.

AL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry - I'm new to this sport!!

I plan on riding up in Ontario on groomed trails. Sometime i will be riding long distances. The people that i will be riding with actually pack thier machines with bags and other stuff and drive from cottage to cottage.

I heard that they have a problem over heating? My rads are under my floor boards so i don't see how there would be a problem over heating. I understand that m10 suspension the rads are under the seat???

Any other information would be greatly appricated

Thanks in advance

Ray

My friends will be saying :withstupid: this year!! LOL

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The only problems with overheating are all related to low/no snow conditions. I don't think that is going to be a problem where you are headed....hopefully, anyway.

AL

·
Registered
387 Posts
great sled, buddy has one, his brother has two (01 and 00) two up poos-

the 02 600 came with RER (PERC sorry) and dual runner skis-

I don't beleive there was an over-heating problem on the touring 600, (their was on the some XC's and Edge X's) we had very little snow in NY last season and with two people on it he never had any problems.

Polaris makes a great two up sled. I don't own a Poo these are just my observations.

good luck!

BTW - You asked for good and bads... I don't beleive there were any bads!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hi rjmlakota, I ride a 2001 600 Classic touring and have no complaints . The heat exchangers on your running boards will keep your feet a lot warmer. As for over heating I have never had a problem , never seen the temperature light come on or anything . Now if you were to ride on ice or a hard packed trail that had no loose powder for cooling it would probably over heat....but then so would all sleds . Use a bit of comom sence and find some powder once in a while if you are in these conditions. You will also find the feul mileage incredible , my wife rides a 98 Classic touring 500 and I consistantly use about $5.00 a tank less than her. Last year it cost us $90. more in gas to run her sled than mine and we travel everywhere together. The extra 12 suspension is ok , I like the ride it has once you get it set up for your preference's . I am installing a 1.5 inch track on mine for this season , to play in the powder a bit . Keep in mind these sleds are heavy, if you get stuck off trail , you better have some strong friends . Great sled for touring or riding with 2 people
Well thats my good and bads
Let me know if there is anything more

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
One good thing about the running board coolers is if your are running hard packed or ice you can put snow on the running board to help with cooling :sly:

I used to do this with my Indy 500s :hallo1:

Love the way it kept my feet warm too

·
Registered
387 Posts
placing the radiators on the running boards
is the best!

I'm gonna miss them moving from a Viper to a REV. They actually do keep your feet
warm I ride with just timberline boots and regualr socks!

And the running boards are always dry and ice and snow free...

why don't they all do it! gonna miss'em!

BTW - I read above that fuel milage was super, I forgot to mention in my previous post that my buddy has very, very poor fuel milage. I hope it was just his machine (the 02 600) but he was only getting 8 mpg! "So I must ammend my previous statement: - You asked for good and bads... I don't beleive there were any bads! " there was one with his sled.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the posts. Im just waiting for the snow now.

Hey - ViperER2

did you get that ice storm this past weekend? I was down hunting around Alfred and man it hit there power was out all over the place. The woods were not save either, trees falling all over the place.

Well thanks again for all the replys!!

RJMLAKOTA

·
Registered
387 Posts
in a word YES!

was out for opening day (deer hunting) on mon and the trees were crashing down all over. All covered with a inch of ice, prett but dangerous! I think they got some additional snow up north though!

still hoping to ride on opening day (sleds) Dec 2!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts