Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any recommendations or suggestions from riders that have tried different clutch setups and gearing changes for the above-mentioned sled. Here are the vitals:
600EV w/700miles (Half from mountain riding.)
SLP Ceramic Canister
Stock Ceramic Pipe
VForce3 Reeds
SLP Flow Rites and Air Intake Kit
Hot Seat 12:1 Head
136x1.50 long track kit.
ATACC Kit
Boost Bottle

Currently running 10-60 weights and DK BLU/WHT Primary / Sil/BLU and stock 45-36 helix.
Current gearing is a 1.82. Stock is 1.71. (Have not put any miles on with new gearing which is why I am looking for any suggestions.)

I was leaning towards putting 10-62s in with a stiifer spring with an inital force of around 140 and then install a helix with a 48-36 angle.

Let me know your thoughts...leaving for Cooke City in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sounds like a sweet ride. How did you like the Delta 3s and the hot seat head I have been thinking of adding these to my 600. Any considerable gains hits or misses let me know. As for the clutching sounds like you have it figured out. SWRules

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just received the V3's a week ago and the head about a month ago. All themiles on the sled where put on without any engine or carb modifiactions.

The only thing I have noticed thus far is that she's really lean on the pilot circuit. Won't get to figure that out until it get colder.

·
Registered
791 Posts
How much did you pick the mods up for and where did you purchase them. I live in Canada and Fast is the only place I can find that can get me the heads they are $460 Canadian. What did you pay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received the heads from Hot Seat. I cannot state price. I put the V3s in and there is a big difference when you crack the throttle.

Brings me to a question. What is the experience with main jet changes when using aftermarket reeds? I would think that all that air would pull more fuel through the main untill WOT.

Additonally, anyone with a spring or helix recommendation? Speak up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've said this before and will say it again, use the heavy hitters, these clutch weights work awsome. also when using these weights, you should use a straight angle helix, use a 36*. also clutch this sled to a maximum rpm of 7900, they pull thier hardest there. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts