Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 700 xcsp and I was considering putting a heel clicker on it or possibly changy the reeds and gearing. What I really want to know is what I should do to my sled. What I am trying to gain is more horsepower and I would like to keep up or beat the other 800's. Any sugestion would be great. THANKS

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same sled. Have not ridden it yet just got it this summer. Adjust TPS, consider 470 mains at least 480s. Grab a gearing chart from your Polaris dealer. I don't have mine handy, but by buying a chain and 2 gears(I don't remember which ones) you can get multiple gearing options. Check into Earlandson kits, most people I have talked to recommend them. Like I said, get a gearing chart it shows rpm/speed with diffrent combos, HPE has better prices on gears than polaris. Not sure abour reeds, a friend put a set on and noticed no big difference? Search the forums lots of good info archived on this site. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Start with the clutch you dont need more horsepower what you need is to get the power you have now to the ground. Then think about increasing the power.

·
Registered
185 Posts
good advice....
I run the same sled.. check the tps first mine didn't need adjustment.. my machine must have been built on a Wednesday.
the last post was right in my opinion start with the clutching a different helix and spring could solve your problem.
As far a gearing goes... I would recommend
gearing down 1 tooth from the top sprocket/gear. Start from there.
As far as jetting down to 480's I would be a little wary watch your plugs they will tell the
tale. You most likely have a 2nd year engine warranty from Polaris. If you jet down pay the price and have them change 'em. That way you'll be covered for sure.
Better to run a little rich and ride tomorrow then have to tear the sucker apart
;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
First and foremost make sure your clutches are aligned correctly.
Next make sure to clutch this engine combination @ 7700-7800 rpm max. These engines like to be pulled down with aggresive clutching combinations. Gear change should be 41 tooth bottom sprocket only for trailriding. BE very careful with the jetting in Winter conditions. I have clutch kits available that we used during our grass racing and testing this summer and would be glad to try and help you out with your setup. Call us @ 260-637-7953 or email [email protected] :hallo1:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree,clutching,gearing,and more aggressive track,then tweak her (for the way you ride) w/pipe,reeds,possibile head mods,but remember,the more you tweak,the potential for problems can increase,and sometimes the cost for H.P. gain is'nt worth it,like weight reduction,in my case,I could stand to drop 20 LBs for the price of skipping a few meals,priceless when compared to titanium, graphite,etc.,your sled stock is ripe for mods,and there's a wealth of info out there,the nice thing about the 700 xc is any modification and you can out H.P. most 800s,just dont tip your hand,its great when your buds get that stunned Ox look on their faces when ya zip tie their a$$,and swear its stock. :devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts