Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster and first time Polaris owner, I just purchased a 2002 700 xcsp with 4500 miles on it, it is a clean sled well taken care off, I am just wondering if there is anything that I should be looking out for? and is there anything that I should know about this sled?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
With 4500 miles, I would be looking at the PTO side driveline bearing, those have a tendency to go out. Look at all the bearings in the rear suspension, there may be a few bad ones there as well. If the clutch springs have not been replaced, that is something else that can take away performance. The springs tend to sag over time and miles.

I would make sure the carbs were clean, the clutches were clean and aligned, the buttons in the secondary aren't too badly worn, and the VES is clean with intact bellows (some of 'em get pinholes in the bellows, making the VES valve perform erratically.

700 Polaris engines are really durable, and have good power. The engine doesn't have the same issues with crank breakage as it's big brother, the 800. With continued care, that sled will be giving you smiles for a LONG time to come :) That said, if you get the urge for a bit more, there are TONS of after-market parts available for adding horsepower and reducing weight.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a nice sled!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
As above, but I'd add that the water pump belt is likely past due, same on the shocks - and keep an eye out for a rear clicker. Dramatic difference for a performance oriented rider. Proper ride height, as described by the sticker under the hood, is critical for that sleds suspension performance - which has tons of potential if it's set up right. Take a good look at the primary clutch weight bushings while you have the clutch apart replacing the spring. They've likely had it and are now letting the weights drag on the sides of the towers. Agreed, great sled. Congrats and best of luck with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First time poster and first time Polaris owner, I just purchased a 2002 700 xcsp with 4500 miles on it, it is a clean sled well taken care off, I am just wondering if there is anything that I should be looking out for? and is there anything that I should know about this sled?[/b]
Great sled I had one, for sure check th inner drive shaft bearing changed mine at 5000miles it was cracked, big problems if it breaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts