Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm purchasing a 2002 Ski-doo 800 Highmark. I would like to drop wieght on it and maybe improve the performance. Silencer, Pipe, reeds are things I'm thinking about purchasing. So my questions are...

1) Do you have any suggestions if the above items would be a good purchase for this sled?
2) Are there any other items you would suggest on purchasing?
3) Are there any other way to drop weight on this sled without spending money?? Garage type mods..

Thanks,
MC-2STROKE :cussing:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I know a guy who made a change to his 2001 Summit 151. He moved the mount points for the front and rear arms of the skid frame to improve approach angle and lower ride height. He drilled new holes in the tunnel for the front arm, 1.75 inches higher, I think. And the mount point for the lower and of the rear arm he moved back 2 inches, I think. Look it up and check the numbers. It's a pretty common mod, I guess, and it makes huge difference in ride.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Silencer, pipe and reeds little or no gain, if your not a tunner leave it stock because your in for a lot of headaches, If you insist on tunning go with a RKTech head get the pistons Rebuilt (see below) that is all you will need for a noticable increase in power. There are lots of little thing that make a big differance, Talk to the mod people that you are buying from they are your best source about jetting clutching ect. they are more than happy to talk to you.
RKTech

(I've noticed through the past year that there is a large amount of western snowmobilers that are having problems with there Ski-Doo Summit and MXZ 800's. I have come up with a way to fix the ploblem very inexpensivly and gain substantial horepower. I do not want to explain the problem extensivly on the site. All I will need is you to ship your pistons to me and within three days I will send them back. I've seen gains in the 9-12hp range, and huge bottom end response, with just this done. I currently do this for many central states and have found out that at alltitute it is increasily noticable. Any futher questions or comments please feel free to call the shop at any time.

Jason Houle
Straightline Performance
651-466-0212

·
Registered
16 Posts
performancex - where can I find out more information on the mod you mentioned, I have been thinking of doing the same thing but not sure where to get the information

Thanks

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The guy I know that did it said it was suggested by his dealer. This web site is really northcentral US and Ontario oriented. There may be other popular sites with a higher concentration of mountain riders posting info. Look around, I guess. Sorry I don't know more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts