Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 800 rmk with ves,seems to clank when you let off
throttle as well as rattle when at high rpm in deep powder with no traction.
  is this normal? dealer says so but it sounds ugly.there is no performance problems and it runs great.
  need your opinions...
                         thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi rmktim,
I've been asking the same question earlier on this and several other forums since my -02 XC 800 seems to have the same problem.

This is (maybe) an answer to the problem taken from another forum:
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Here is the original statement. I messaged him and he claimed the noise was gone and no performance was lost per measured on radar gun. Alot of guys are waiting to hear more on this. Hopefully you guys and/or some other shops can verify. Thanks."

''''The noise you are hearing is piston knock , the TPS setting is set on the high limit ( more timing advance) most check around 4.2 - 4.3 volts at wot, find a dealer with a TPS tester and set the volts at 4.0 at wot, some dealers may not want to mess with it, warranty, in reality it will save the engine, so check around to find a dealer that will work with you, or get your buddy''s together and buy a tester.''''

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same noise on my 800xc and the valves are the problem, my dealer ordered the new valves and showed me the wear on the valves and Polaris must be having a problem because they are on backorder till the end of February!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts