Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had overheat problems on the 2002 AC Pantera 600 beyond what is condition related.
Out of 12 uses, I have had the overheat light come on 6 times. On one occassions the antifreeze blew out the overflow, so it is getting hot. My dealer has looked at the sled  twice and told me they even consulted with AC and says it is condition related. I do agree conditions haven't been great, but I ride with other liquid cooled AC sleds and they never have a problem. One of the sleds I ride with is last years Pantera. The only difference that I see between the two sleds is the 2002 has power valves (APV). I usually ride two up with a combined weight of 300 lbs. Was told the sled should handle two 175 lbs
adults (350lbs.)with no problem. It seems way to tempermental and it is preventing me from purchasing another AC Pantera next year. Love the sled, hate the overheating. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate hearing your comments. Thank you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I can remember seeing previous posts about the heat exchangers being "air bound", where the coolant wasn't getting into them because there was an air pocket in there, so the coolant would get hot in the motor and have no where to go, or a limited affect on cooling.... try doing a search on that and see what you come up with, they have the fixes posted in there also..... sorry I can't be of more help

Steve

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree with steve, it's probably air locked.  try draining the coolant, and then refilling it, with the engine running while you are putting new coolant in.   this is how i do it everytime i do engine work, haven't had a problem with airlocking yet.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
yes..definitely check for an air lock. Park the sled on an incline with the nose in the air for a few minutes and let it idle. Then check the coolant level to see if it dropped at all (ie the air bubble escaped)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts