Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the pipes on my mach z but do not know which are the best . I called jaws and they told me they make good power but i have to get my rev limiter burned out to let the motor go to 9400 . where can i get this bone?. Or is there a better set of pipes?. I want to set it up for some trail but mostly lake racing and radar runs

·
Registered
756 Posts
Don't mess with the crank shops, they don't work very well. Go for the Jaws, You can get a reprogrammed cdi from the ski doo race shop.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would not mess with the pipes. 9400 rpm is a motor killer if you want to do any riding besides pure racing. If you really want to go the pipe route a lot of guys like the Dynoport pipes as they make power near the stock rpm and you don't need rev limiter changes. Also, it means very limited clutch changes too. (Easier setup) That makes much more sense and many Mach Z owners have tried them and like them. Thats my 2 cents!

·
Registered
677 Posts
The crankshop has a reputation for makeing doo's fly i have a set on my mach and they work well,you should use deltall or lll with them.Call there tech line and tell them what type of rideing you'r going to do and they will set you up with evrything you need,however unless you are a really good clutch tuner you might think that the pipes dont add anything.When you install a set of pipes you also have to clutch for it,just ask the boys over there they will take care of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts