Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am going to look at an MXZ Renegade 800 on Sat. and wanted to know about any common issues with these sleds. It has 5300km and looks like it is great shape. I was also planning on a compression test, what are these motors suppost to run 140-150? Any things to look for other than the usual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I am going to look at an MXZ Renegade 800 on Sat. and wanted to know about any common issues with these sleds. It has 5300km and looks like it is great shape. I was also planning on a compression test, what are these motors suppost to run 140-150? Any things to look for other than the usual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave[/b]

Well for starters its a ski doo hahah im j,k with u budd but no i dont not know of any common problems with them!!! ski doo is the way to go !!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recoil , reed boots , y pipe and sway bar mounts where they enter the bulkhead look for missing rivets/play[/b]

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
LadyK has 11,300 on her 2002 Gade. the first 5K was full throttle mostly in cochrane powder.:) The Y pipe is a biggie..upgrade to the 2003 style<<much better. WE rebuilt the clutch at 8K and put new cudney piston and rings in to be on the safe side. The reed cages were delaminating so we replaced with new cages and boysen reeds. The recoil also gave us grief but the latest update seems to have solved that issue..fingers crossed. Other than it is a stand up sled that i would recommend.

Permafrost

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the great info. SWRules

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I picked it up. Now all I have is the long long summer ahead of me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
:thumbsup:[/b]
also one of the problems i had was that when you got it up to full temp and then stopped for lunch, or anytime you stopped for half and hour or so, it would not start unless you put a little gas in the cylinders. the solution was to turn off the carb heaters unless needed. the heat created from the heaters would boil off the gas in the carb and vapor lock it. not saying that it will happen to you but just a heads-up. have a good ride on a great sled!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Well I picked it up. Now all I have is the long long summer ahead of me![/b]
Congratulations ! Yes it is a long summer/fall but here's wishing for a great snowy season for you next year.

Snow4

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congratulations ! Yes it is a long summer/fall but here's wishing for a great snowy season for you next year.

Snow4[/b]
Ditto for me. Couldn't have said it better myself. So I won't. LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ditto for me. Couldn't have said it better myself. So I won't. LOL

Jeff[/b]
Thanks everyone! For all our sakes I hope we have a great snowy winter next year.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about a pic of your new Girl! :thumbsup:[/b]

Here it is, not the greatest picture but its been pretty miserable here.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad shes black! Now go get yourself some powder pro skiis! :thumbsup:
Will start there! -Dave[/b]
Gotta love the black sleds. Are the powder pros a lot better than the precisions all around or just off trail?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are the powder pros a lot better than the precisions all around or just off trail?[/b]

Also is there a reason the sensor in the airbox for the MPEM isn't connected.
[attachment=35362:p_011.jpg]

And does anyone know what this is for. Its right near the RER button. Red and black wires.
[attachment=35363:p_012.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts