Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with this? Was about 10 below freezing, he was running point, clear out no powder etc, and twice during the day at basicly a steady cruise, the carbs iced up. Heaters were on. Let it sit for a bit and it was fine. Told him to close the hood vents, this fixed it but shouldn't have to run with them closed. He was also running deicer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had the same problem just after new years, couldn't figure it out and then noticed ice in the air box boot where it goes on the carb. i think the clamps on the air box were not tight enough and was sucking in snow, i tighten the sh** out of the clamps and had no trouble since i have put on 1000kms. since then. hope this can solve your problem.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Read your manual.  Mine says that the vents should be closed when riding in powder and in any tempature below +10.  

This is what they recommend for a MachZ.  After reading this i desided to close the vents that vent the exhaust but i left a few open.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This has happen to me a number of times. The fix is to close all the vents but not the ones over the pipe. No more problem once this is done.  

1 - 7 of 7 Posts