Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a new 2002 mxz700x i have v force reeds and a mbrp can on it with a digitron system with exhaust gas temp gauges hooked on both cylinders my right cylinder is reading about a hundred degrees hotter than the left and when throttle is half open the right cylinder is reaching dangerous temps 1250 degrees plus and the left cylinder is not it stays at about 1120 degrees wide open both are about the same 1180 degrees wich is normal the dealer said they completed the recall update on the carbs but i think they messed up the right side or forgot to dothe up date on that side i know that the right cylinder should burn hotter but it should never go beyond 1250 degrees because at 1350 degrees a motor will pop what should i do take it back and have them check it or raise the needle to richen up the mid range or both

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If your probes have been installed correctly, I would go up 1 size on the main jets and lower the clip on the needle.  Do a plug check and piston wash first, your guages may be off also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts