Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer near me that is selling a bunch of 2002 sleds for $300 over dealer invoice to look at a 2002 ZL600ESR SS and saw a beautiful 2002 MXZ800 and MXZ500.  Has anyone heard any bad things on these sleds.  I had a Formula Plus a few years ago and thought it was an okay sled but not too much to fall over about.  Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I have a 2002 mxz renegade and it is a great ride. However there are a few updates that need to be done on this machine. You will get the blue flames which (I believe) is caused by excess fuel not being burned off. It caused my vent to melt and the heat shield on the exhaust has to be replaced, but overall a great machine.No big deal all covered by warrenty and the flames look pretty cool at night.This did not seem to hinder performance at all. Just my $0.02

BTW the price the dealer is offering you, is what my dealer offers us every year

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You can't even put the Plus & MXZ in the same ball park. The ZX chassis is miles ahead of the PRS chassis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 800 MXZ with 9500km (5900miles) and it is a great sled.  Only twice back to the dealership for small things.  Great power and performance.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Gee thanks Lady K

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know where I may find horsepower on the 800 and the 500?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Depending on your riding style, you might not be interested in the 500.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I think the 800 has 138hp and im not sure on the 500 but i think 100 or around there, the guys will correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Jwheeler is correct.  

The 500 is a great machine as well, tons of low end torque.  But the 800 in the ZX is an over acheiver.  You will be happy.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i picked up a 2002 mxz800 sport in feb for 9400. with rer. was this a good price.?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
MXZ900 Has a sweet 800 for sale still i believe. It's in the classifieds.
Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never really cared for the red.  The black one I saw yesterday was what caught my eye.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts