Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday I got a letter from polaris saying that all 2002 Pro-X sleds and rolling chassis are being Recalled

the letter went on to explain that the brakes can fail during use in snowcross conditions
. All 2002 Pro-X models should be brought to the dealer for repairs will be preformed at no charge to the owner!

Did anyone else get this notice? From the reviews in the snow mags all of them gave the brakes high ratings. So whats going on at polaris??

·
Registered
277 Posts
My snocrossing friend got that letter 2 week ago...

He took his sled to the dealer, held up the paper, and BOOM three guys from the store came and lifted the sled into their garage, the dealer said "come back in 6 hours!".
He went back after 6 hours and they said "we apolgise for this, next service is on the house..."

Huh?? good service???

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have heard that had to do something with the adhesive on the pads but not sure why the rotors are being replaced but all I know is I just bought a '02 440 liquid from J. Strege and now I get new brakes and rotor for free!! Not 100% sure but the fan & 600 only get pads and the liquid and rolling chassis get pads and rotor, not completely sure because I didn't get the letter personally. Just heard about the recall and called the shop and asked them when they wanted me to bring the sled in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, the fans only get pads. I assumed that you race guys change pads pretty much after every weekend of racing, And changed disk to aftermarket units.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Most of us run the stock units and replace pads as needed. I know a guy who runs WSA Pro Ice and they were replacing pads after every weekend because the were shot by Sunday afternoon. Just think that they are running over 100mph at the end of the front straight and then trying to slow down enough for the corner!! I am not even sure if you can switch the rotor out and still run in the stock class.  

·
Registered
310 Posts
This recall also applies to 2003 PRO X 600's, all the 2002 PRO X models, and the 03 600. I just bought one, so when it comes in, ill have them fix it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
NO, the recall only applies to the '02 models.

'02 proX sleds affected

'02 440 fan
'02 440 liquid
'02 440 chassis
'02 600 liquid

thats it. your 600 will be already to go!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I read in a sled mag that the pre-production '03 Pro X models also were affected but NOT the ones consumers are getting. The '03 models were the test, show, and rode report sleds from spring & not the ones being delivered now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good news!!! Thanks guys, now I dont have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Myers,

Anyword on production dates for the fan? Someone told me that the '03 prox fans where going on line in the next day or too, so that they can ship out on the 10th. Any validity to this? thanks Todd,

Ryan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks,

Hey if I ever go see my relatives in MN, I'll have to stop by your shop. My uncle has a two dentist offices in your area, One is Stillwater, One in Hudson. Well take care and good luck, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and wont be back until the Oct. 15. And then its time to play with the sled (hopefully)

C'ya!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts