Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2002 prox 440 fan and i want to do anything i can do make it faster dont worry about money i just want to know what i can do then i will worry about money lol. But anyways what i am mostly looking for is top end and if there is anything for low end that dont take away from top end please let me know about it.lol i have been looking for help for a long time and i would really like if some one could help me out and please dont just say get a 500 that dont help at all.THanks so much

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think you bought the pro-x for the handling at first.
If you want to keep the handling, but get a ##### fast sled, low end mid range xtreme good high end, go buy yourself a 800 engine and do "the" mods on it.:D

My friend picked up a pro-x 440 and he changed to a 800 engine and it roxx!!!:thumbsup:

Or else there is no way to make your sled fast, at first: it´s a 440, second: it´s a fan-cooled machine and it wont be fast whatever is done to it, sorry...

Just my 03

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
He didn't ask how to make it go "fast" he asked how to make it go "faster".

It does get on my nerves when people say "buy something bigger" ever though that is the best answer most of the time.

There is always a way to improve anthing you have, and even if it's simpler and easier to buy a bigger sled, sometimes that's not the most fun.

Sorry I can't help you make the thing go "faster", but keep looking.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Seriously, though. Aside from engine work (since money is not an issue, just send it to a shop and tell them you need more horse) you need a higher gear ratio for more top-end speed and proper clutching for great bottom-end snap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts