Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they take a beating as good or better than the 2000-2001's. How's the crosslink worked out. I've heard of smashed footwells, cracking skid rails and tunnel, etc. Wonder if all the lightweight parts aren't as strong for racing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If these sleds hold together like my brothers 2002 sno-pro they are a big pile of crap. After 3 races, crushed foot wells, suspension rails cracking, rear tunnel cracking at pitch area for ETT, oil bottle cap stripped, speedometer does not work , shocks blew out after first ride so the cross link is still messed up, update on top of update. The sled may be light but after all the bracing needed to keep it together it back up with all the rest . Don't get me wrong I ride cat and probably always will but I am keeping what I have for now 2001 Zr440 . My dad rides my brothers 1997 ZR 440 that was raced 2 seasons and is in way better shape than the 2002 ever thought of being. All I can say is I would weight another season before buying.  Another issue:motor mounts ripping out on clutch side. The way this sled is holding up arctic cat should give parts sleds with them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't race Arctic Cat but from what I have seen of them at the races the are doing well but when you get up close and look at them, most of them are in pretty rough shape. I have seen a lot of cracked belly pans, broken tailights, and other cosmetic damage. A few people that race this sled complain about how it is more difficult to get the thing to corner quickly and that falls back to the longer track. I can't believe that Arctic Cat didn't change the tailight location on the new Firecats because as soon as they released the SnoPro last fall everyone knew that that wasn't going to last. I hope the Firecat holds up better than the SnoPro has.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
hey i ride doo but how do you think those sno pro sleds are going to look after a racing season ? i just hope no one ties me to the back of one of those sleds and does a lap. i think i would look worse. LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Myers Racing Inc

Your comment about the possible turning problems really troubles me. I would make sense that a longer skid means sacrificing cornering. If this is true, it's gonna' be the same for Cat's new F5/F7. But, for the trail, is this going to be of any issue.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
After Spirit Mountain (first race of the season)  I noticed MANY sleds that had cracked or missing parts!  What do they look like now?  The last race of the season?
I don't know

·
Registered
555 Posts
Turning issues? I don't think so, the ONLY time I have any turning issues with my 136 is slow speed, even then spinning the snot out of the track and leaning puts you where you want to be.

From the camera view and stopwatch view, Tucker Hibbert is not have any troubles either, look at his lap times.

It does trouble me to see the Cats breaking down out on the track though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I opened a new post in the General snowmobile forum and the guys there tell me that I should buy the Sno-Pro but I think I'm still going to get the Pro-X fan.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the guys I know who race them are claiming that the speedo is in-op most times, they had some water leaks but got them fixed, just a clamping issue! they have had some minor electrical problems, but they have not had any major engine problems! that they are telling me anyway!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
flyntriple~ Go for it!  The Pro-X that is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts