Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MANY GUY'S THAT HAVE A 2002 ZR SNOPRO FOR SALE ARE TRYING TO SELL THEM CHEAP SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE TUNNEL DAMAGE. IF YOU ARE A BUYER OF ONE OF THESE SLED'S PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND LOOK UNDER THE REAR END OR SNO- FLAP AND LOOK FOR HOLES OR TEARS IN THE TUNNEL THAT WERE MADE FROM STUDDING THE SLED THE WRONG WAY. I TRUSTED A RACER TO WHOM SOLD ME HIS 2002 ZR SNOPRO THAT HE SAID WAS MINT AND FAST. ONE OUT OF THE TWO WERE TRUE. THE SLED IS FAST BUT A LONG WAY FROM MINT WHEN THE TUNNEL HAS HOLES WOREN THREW IT. I NEVER LOOKED FOR THIS CAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW OF THE PROBLEM TILL ABOUT A MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT IT. BECAUSE OF LACK OF SNOW I PUT IT IN MY TRAILER, A MONTH LATER I TOOK IT OUT TO CLEAN IT WHEN I NOTICED THE HOLES. WAS I PISSED-OFF. I CALLED THE GUY AND CONFRONTED HIM BUT HE SAY'S THAT IT WOULDN'T BOTHER THE SLED. I TOLD HIM IT BOTHER'S THE #### OUT OF ME, BUT HE WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. NICE HUH? SO "BEWARE" WHEN BUYING A 2002 ZR SNOPRO, AND I HOPE YOU DON'T GET SCREWED LIKE I DID.

·
Registered
91 Posts
John,

Can you take some pics of the damage and post here for us to see?  Also, I am curious what the "wrong" way to stud these machines is.  There will be many studding our F5 and 7's this fall and would greatly appreciate any info that you can give on this matter.  I'm sure I will be speaking for many here on the board in saying that it is appreciated that you came forth and are willing to give a heads up on this matter and you didn't sit back and watch everyone else who has a new Firecat coming wreck theirs..... I am sorry that yours ended up this way!
-JPL

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
John is a friend of mine and I seen what happened to his sled and heard about others that had bigger problems such as tearing through the tunnel and gas tank. If you were to look under the sled at the tunnel you would see three areas that line up with the outer belts and the exact center of the track they are about 2 inches wide or more and are lower in the tunnel , there are 2 channels in the tunnel that are higher and they are only about 4 to 5 inches wide this is were you will ahve to line your studs up with. If you put studs in the outer belts or the very center or the track they will rip or shred the tunnel and if they are not caught in time I have heard of them going through the gas tank also.( One racer DNFed because of this as his fuel all ran out of the gashes in the bottom of the tank from the studs.

The racers that had this happen tried hiding it by riveting thin plates to the tunnel to hide it so be aware of this. Also check the left motormount closly for hair line cracks as I have heard they are pron to cracking behind the secondary clutch close to the mounting bolts.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you can take him to court.... and have a good chance... there was a case here a guy bought a 16000 boat and it had a cracked hull and the guy said it was perfect and he won and got the boat fixed just a thought  i know what its like to get screwed

·
Registered
512 Posts
whats your reciept say??? Sold as is??? I belive if it says sold as is. You might be out of luck... But if you have no reciept of any kind.. You might be able to get something said to say.. It's say how sue happy the world has become.. But i'd try to cut a deal with him.. maybe get some of your money back..

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
johncorneille has posted some informative things on this site and if it can happen to him then it can happen to us all, i guess he figured he wouldn't do that to anyone so why would it be done to him. too many people figure that the 3 word term "business is business" is a way of screwing others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts