Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2002 T-Cat with 500 miles, c/w 1.4" track, digitron EGT's, 310 mains and MBRP silencer.  Sled is mostly run in 1500~1800 ft range on open trails, (very little twisty bush trails).  Looking at installing a clutch kit to improve performance.  Would like something that gives better acceleration between 30~70 mph, and also improved holeshot.  Not concerned if slight loss in top end occurrs.  Anyone have a set-up that works well?  Had a '96 ZRT600 with a heartthrob kit and roller secondary - really performed well.

Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello Northern Rider, have you ever used V-Force Reed Valves? Some people swear by them others say there no good. I have a 2000 T-Cat with Reed Valves and I noticed a difference in low and mid range. I'm not a fan of clutch kits, you may or may not spend more money and get a better set up by buying various weights, springs and helixs seperately.
Look into the Reed Valves, they seem to work well on the triples....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello AKCAT, thanks for the info.

I have not tried reed valves as of yet.  I did try a 57-53 helix in place of the 57-50 stock helix on the secondary.  Seemed to give better performance.

My dealer has recommended to try a 62-52 or similar helix, with heavier weights and spring in the primary.  They do not recommend gearing it down, due to increase in track spin at take off.  Even with the 1.4 track I still let loose a nasty rooster tail when you hammer it down.

What type of reed valves are you using V-Force or Carbon Fibre?  I have reard stories that the carbon fiber reeds are better.

Couple buddies both have 2002 SRX 700's that are streached to 136" x 1-1/4" tracks, and it's all I can do to beat them in a 1/2 mile race.  (both 700's are still stock otherwise).  They are actually beating my neighbors clutched and jetted ZR800, (2001).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts